Please read the MRF liability waiver before registering. Scroll below for the register button
In consideration of participating in the Malabar River Festival (hereinafter referred to as "MRF" for short) to be held on 29th - 31st July 2016, I hereby agree to release and discharge the organizers Madras Fun Tools, all volunteers, sponsors, and the State of Kerala, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that kayaking the rapids of the rivers Chalipuzha (Class III-IV), Iruvanjhipuza (Class V) and Kuttiyadi (Class II+) are exceedingly dangerous, and that it entails known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to my property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, among other things: paralysis; hypothermia; accidental drowning; sprains, joint dislocations and broken bones; falling from high places; the negligence of other participants; boat pinnings; foot or other bodily entrapments; facial or other lacerations; impalement; extensive dental damage; and death.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. I understand that many people consider white water paddling of this nature to be risky. I have been warned of the extreme nature of this sport to be risky, and I freely and of my own will accept to participate in this sport of kayaking knowing fully the risks that are inherently associated with this sport.
3. I understand that I will be running these rivers on 29th – 31st July 2016 and have knowledge of the danger of this stretch of river at all possible water levels which might change very rapidly and without warning. I understand that in spite of safety set at the rapids, I will be alone on the river and help or rescue may not be available, thus endangering my life.
4. By agreeing to participate, I certify that I have the required skill sets to run the rapids on a kayak and if at any point I feel that I don’t have the skill sets to run the rapids, I shall forthwith withdraw from the race.
5. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless all organizers Madras Fun Tools, volunteers, sponsors and the State of Kerala from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity.
6. Should the organizers Madras Fun Tools, volunteers, sponsors, or the State of Kerala, or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
7. I certify that I shall bear the costs of any injury or damage that I may cause or suffer while participating myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume -- and bear the cost of -- all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
8. Madras Fun Tools, the organizers of this event may cancel this event without notice and if the same is cancelled, I shall not sue the organizers, sponsors and the State of Kerala for any losses that I might have incurred for participating in the event.
9. If the organizers feel that my skill level is not good enough to run the rapids, then the organizers can forthwith debar me from participating and the decision of the organizers shall be final and binding on me.
10. By signing this document, I acknowledge that if I, or anyone else, am hurt or if property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the organizers Madras Fun Tools, volunteers, sponsors and the State of Kerala on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
Fill out the form below to register (Coming soon)